Secrets of Spokane’s Past
Learn about Spokane’s colorful history. Even if you have been here before, or live here, you probably have not heard the stories we’ll tell and the things you’ll see on this tour of downtown, the South Hill and Browne’s Addition.
Can you answer these questions of what went on from the late 1800’s and early 1900’s?
- What happened at 4:00pm on certain days in downtown Spokane that kept all respectable ladies off the street?
- Why is the Duncan Gardens, sunken?
- What did Kirtland Cutter do to hide something about his appearance?
- How and where did the Great Fire of 1889 start?
- Why is Spokane, not pronounced correctly as SpokAne?
- Why was the Crescent Department Store named that?
- What are the figure heads on the top of the review building called?
- What Hall at Gonzaga is said to be haunted and by who?
- How did Harry Lillis Crosby get the name “Bing”?
- Where were church services held and free beer offered at the service?
- What well known mansion, was actually built for someone else, and then traded for a simpler home because the original owner went broke?
These and many more questions will be answered and we travel on our tour and see these places or where they were.
Time: 3 hours.